UV PPE™ Face Mask
COVID-19 has created the need for healthcare workers to be protected more than ever. This UV PPE™ would be great for use in the hospital system, elderly care, or oncological centers to ensure the reduction of COVID-19 transmission in those environments.
The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)™ that provides Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) disinfection to individual users in a COVID-19 environment is currently patent pending. This unique product has an ultraviolet disinfecting cartridge system that attaches to a securely fitting facemask. Complete with rechargeable battery pack, power cord, LED status indicators, and an on/off switch, the UV PPE provides users with the ability to maintain the product and its operability with ease.
- An ultra- violet disinfecting cartridge particularly adapted for coupling with a face mask that covers the nose and mouth or to the inhale and exhale tubing of a patient ventilator
- Air channel with two 180-degree turns, keeping the cartridge close to the mask for better weight distribution
- Multiple UV light emitters that emit UVGI light into the flow channel of the cartridge to neutralize or destroy pathogens
- A plurality of baffles configured in the flow channel to create a serpentine airflow to increase pathogen exposure time to UV light
- A photocatalyst material such as titanium oxide may be configured within the flow channel that is activated by UV light to increase disinfection
- An ionizer configured proximal to the inlet to produce charged particles that provide disinfection
- Any ozone produced may be mitigated by a catalytic converter to a safe level.
- Detachable inlet and outlet filters
View the UV PPE Face Mask Patent
Related: UV PPE Respirator Cartridge